Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cure for the common heat stroke


Every year when everyone else is breathing that deep sigh of relief over the end of our long Chicago winter I feel only one thing: dread. The frosty season may have its restricting elements.  Below zero temperatures make gallivanting difficult and most fine shoe makers don’t waterproof their oxfords, but these do not compare to the offenses of warm weather. As soon as summer hits I know that I can look forward to dated shorts, ill fitting everything, and that darn cop out- comfort.  

For me this means that I begrudgingly hang my ties up and resign myself to the reality that I cannot wear 3 to 4 layers in every outfit.  Getting handsome means looking good until you step out of the door and the stifling humidity deletes the hours work on your hair. Just can’t win.

The only way I can get past watching you walk down the street in your uncle’s safari style fishing hat is by day dreaming the season to come- yes, the one where I will comfortably slide on a pair of slacks, put on a corduroy tie and walk down the street with a hot coffee in hand. How do I do this? I shop.

As the heat index is surging over 100 degrees again this week, I’ve positioned myself near a cold air blowing vent and have committed myself to imagining cooler days so that I can get through this one.
I’ll know I’ve reached my promised land when I can don outwear and this year that includes suede.

…note the collar, it’s my favorite part.
Brought to you by Marimacho, a Brooklyn based masculine clothing line for female and transgender bodies. Check out their about us at: http://marimachobk.com/about/


Brought to you by ASOS, one of my favorite internet shops to blow a paycheck on.
 
Jack and Jones suede desert boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment